You Can Help!
It is important to support military families during times of deployment.
If you are a member of a service, community, or faith-based organization that wants to provide volunteer services to families of deployed troops, or if you are a business offering discounted services to military families, you have come to the right place!
Hundreds of groups from across Minnesota have registered and their efforts have been helping our state’s military families. You can join in their good work.
Register today to volunteer to lend a helping hand and/or provide information about special discounts your business offers to our state’s military families.
Registering with Beyond the Yellow Ribbon – Winona Region enables military families to search this website to see what services your organization or business offers and to contact your group if they wish to seek support.
Here are the ways you can help!
- Volunteer Services (organizations willing to provide volunteer/free services)
- Discounted Services (businesses offering discounted goods/services)
- Businesses: Are you offering discounted goods or services for military families? Share more info. – Please use the space provided on the application to note additional information about your business, including any specials or promotions you are offering for military families (e.g. free dinner for military family or 10% discount for military families).
- Other Services – If you’d like to offer services that don’t appear in the general list of options (below), write in the services you would like to offer in the space provided on your application (e.g. Our church offers free craft night every Wednesday).
Here is a list of many ideas/ways to help our military families:
- Chop wood
- Clean gutters
- Give wedding/baby shower
- Handyman (Minor Home Repairs)
- Help with farm chores
- Help with household chores
- Mow lawns
- Offer discounted services
- Organize a birthday party
- Paint or repair a fence
- Pet sit
- Plant flowers
- Prepare & deliver a gift basket
- Prepare and deliver meals
- Purchase & deliver groceries
- Rake leaves
- Send cards or letters of encouragement
- Shovel/plow sidewalks or driveways
- Stain decks
- Trim hedges
- Wash cars
- Wash windows
- Weed gardens